Call For Papers - WICON 2017
The 10th EAI International Wireless Internet Conference
IMPORTANT: Full Paper Submission Deadline: AUGUST 31, 2017
Selected papers from WiCON'17 will be considered for fast track publication and special issue in ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET, SCI-indexed) and EAI endorsed Transactions.
The WiCON 2017 continues to be an international forum dedicated to innovative research and development related to the emerging wireless internet and networks. WiCON is a highly selective conference with a long track record of publishing novel ideas and breakthroughs, with this year’s edition to be held during December 16th-17th 2017 in Tianjin, P.R. China.
Highlights of the WiCON’17 include:
• The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
• All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
• Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson's Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
• Accepted Authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their work through one of the following EAI endorsed publications: EAI Endorsed Transactions on Wireless Spectrum
WiCON 2017 is soliciting academic research and industry practice papers. Authors are encouraged to submit full papers presenting new research related to the theory or practice of all aspects of wireless communications, internet, and networks. The topics of interest include the following but are not limited to:
- Convergence and interworking of heterogeneous wireless networks,
- Vertical handoff and seamless roaming,
- Mobile P2P networking, systems, and applications,
- Next generation Internet services and applications
- Clean-slate wireless Internet architecture,
- Interaction among PHY/MAC, routing, and congestion control,
- PHY-aware wireless scheduling,
- QoS provisioning over Multimedia wireless networks
- Multiple access technology (OFDMA, CDMA, and TDMA),
- WLANs, WiMAX, satellite, 3G and Beyond,
- QoS management and traffic modeling,
- Algorithm design and performance analysis
- Wireless sensor, ad hoc, and mesh networks,
- Cooperative and relay networks
- IMT2000, UMTS, LTE, IMT-Advanced networks,
- Vehicular ad hoc networks (VANET),
- Wireless access in vehicular environment (WAVE),
- Dedicated short-range communications (DSRC),
- Cognitive radio networks,
- Context-aware mobile network,
- Wireless body area networks (WBANs),
- Tele-medicine/e-health networks
- Architectural support for security,
- Security, privacy, and dependability issues,
- Security in cooperative networks
- Testbeds and simulation tools,
- Middleware, operating system, and programming languages,
- Experimental measurements
- Green wireless network architectures and communication protocols,
- Green applications by wireless communications and mobile computing technologies,
- Energy-efficient mobile and wireless networks,
- Network planning and optimization for green wireless networking
Paper Submission and Publication:
High-quality original papers are solicited. Papers must be unpublished and must not be submitted for publication elsewhere. All papers will be reviewed by Technical Program Committee members and other experts active in the field to ensure high quality and relevance to the conference. More detailed instructions for paper submission can be found at conference website and submission site.
Full Paper Submission deadline 31 August 2017
Notification and Registration opens 15 October 2017
Camera-ready deadline 5 November 2017
Conference takes place 16- 17 December 2017