Welcome to WICON 2008,
in conjunction with WICONBIZ 2008
The Fourth International Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2008)
Please upload your camera-ready paper by Oct. 20, 2008 (extended)! Follow the instructions at http://www.wicon.org/upload.shtml.
Please book your hotel by Oct. 16, 2008 to get the group rate! The information of the conference hotel can be found at http://www.wicon.org/wiconconferencelocation.shtml
CALL FOR PAPERS
Scope of WICON 2008
Wireless Internet is quickly emerging as a reality, thanks to the fast evolution of many wireless access technologies. Convergence of heterogeneous wireless networks and the next generation Internet further brings wireless Internet into a variety of application scenarios which provide mobile users with a wide range of highly demanding services, such as high speed data and real-time multimedia delivery. On the other hand, it is of critical importance to obtain a fundamental understanding of wireless Internet architectures and explore new services and solutions in order to achieve the ultimate goal of wireless Internet access anytime anywhere.
The Wireless Internet Conference (WICON) will continue to serve as a premier international forum to discuss novel research results related to the emerging Wireless Internet. WICON 2008 is soliciting both academic research and industry practice papers. Papers solicited in the WICON 2008 span a wide range of areas of interest including but not limited to:
1. Seamless Integration of Heterogeneous Networks
· Convergence and interworking of heterogeneous wireless networks
· Vertical handoff and seamless roaming
· Mobile P2P networking, systems, and applications
· Next generation Internet services and applications
2. Cross-layer Design and Optimization
· Clean-slate wireless Internet architecture
· Interaction among PHY/MAC, routing, and congestion control
· PHY-aware wireless scheduling
· QoS provisioning of Multimedia wireless networks
3. Wireless Access Technologies
· WLANs, WiMAX, satellite, 3G and Beyond
· QoS management and traffic modeling
· Algorithm design and performance analysis
4. Multi-hop Wireless Networks
· Wireless sensor networks
· Mobile ad hoc networks
· Wireless mesh networks
5. Emerging Technologies and Applications
· Vehicular ad hoc networks (VANET)
· Cognitive radio networks
· Bio-inspired networks
· Context-aware mobile networking
· Wireless body area networks (WBANs), tele-medicine/e-health networks
6. Network Security
· Architectural support for security
· Security, privacy, and dependability issues
· Security in cooperative networks
7. Wireless Internet Platforms and Software
· Testbeds and simulation tools
· Middleware, operating system, and programming languages
· Experimental measurements
Papers will be submitted by electronic submission through COCUS system: http://www.cocus.eu. The page limit is 9 pages in ACM double column format with fonts not smaller than 9 points. If you have problems in accessing the cocus system, please contact the Publication Chair at email@example.com.
Proposals for workshops should be submitted to the Workshop Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Evaluation of workshop proposals will be based on the expertise and experience of the instructors, and on the relevance of the subject matter.
Proposals for panel discussions that focus on the next generation wireless Internet are encouraged. Potential panel organizers should submit a panel proposal to the Panel Co-Chairs at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Industry Practice Papers
Industry papers that highlight experiments/testbeds and demonstrate the successful implementation of recent or on-going research work are welcome. The topics of industry papers can be from any of the 7 listed tracks. Submitted industry papers will be assigned to Industry Chair for review. For more information, please contact Industry Chair at email@example.com.
WICON 2008 will include a number of invited papers from distinguished researchers with impressive outcomes on various advanced research topics or cutting-edge techniques.
Accepted papers will be published in the ACM International Conference Proceedings Series and will be made available in ACM Digital Library, as well as indexed by EI. Selected papers will be published on a special issue of ACM MOBILE NETWORKS AND APPLICATIONS (MONET) journal.
An industry B2B event will be co-located with WICON 2008. The B2B event will include invited talks by industry/technology leaders, business and product presentations, as well as exhibitions and demos.
Paper submission due: July 31, 2008 (extended)
Notification date: September 24, 2008
Camera-ready due: October 20, 2008
Workshop proposal due: July 1, 2008
Notification date: July 15, 2008
Panel proposal due: September 1, 2008
September 15, 2008
Technically co-sponsored by
In cooperation with